Now available for purchase on ETSY via The Sacred Outpost:
FACT: Trauma affects over 50% of the population. From sexual abuse to domestic violence—a terrifying number of people in the West will go through some sort of turning point that changes their lives forever. Being a rape survivor and having suffered debilitating postpartum depression, I know this to be true. For the dissertation for my PhD in Jungian Psychology, I created a system to help me move through the depression and process my trauma, in search of my Self. Dr. Carl Jung himself experienced his own life-altering experience when he split from his mentor Freud; after which he went down his own unique individuation path. My research into Jung’s ideas started with how a traumatic turning-point can open the gateway to a conscious individuation path. It was through my investigation and processing of what happened to me that Mythic Mapping was born. This unique system combines game-design, storytelling, active imagination and dreamwork into a life-long Self-discovery adventure. Utilizing stories of 8 Goddesses of the world as mythic examples of individuation after trauma--Mythic Mapping enables you to see archetypal forces at work in your own life. This system can be used by individuals who may not have access to therapy, are working with an analyst or therapist, or have never worked with someone in a therapeutic setting at all. Self-discovery is at one’s fingertips with this revolutionary system that includes a workbook, map, spinner, dice and more.
The Mythic Mapping Kit will contain:
The Mythic Mapping Kit will contain:
- ONLINE COMPONENTS WILL CONTAIN CONTENTS FROM THE ORIGINAL: Map Book & Voyager Log – which is the main guide and primary source. This is where system users will be keeping track of every major aspect of their Mythic Mapping voyage. It includes all of the information on the basics one will need to understand in order to utilize the Map, as well as the encourage you to journal all of your quests, totem information, and much more in one place. Online Voyager's Log will be split up into 12 months and provide users with 4 assignments a month in order to help them progress around the Map and further their Individuation journey.
- Map Mat – This is the “game board”. Once a user obtains their Mythic Self Manikin, after completing the ReMything process at the beginning of their Voyage—they will place their Manikin on the tray, in much the same way you would put a game piece on a game board. It physically represents where the user is mythically “at” on any given day or during the monthly assignments.
- New Moon Spinner – As this system was partially conceived as a game-like interactive life-long structure, the New Moon Spinner provided system users with “random” or synchronistic Island choice each New Moon.
- Dream Tokens – When a system user lands on Dreams Island they will be asked to recall several figures from dreams that have stayed with them throughout your life. These Tokens have been provided so those using the system can draw specific symbols on them to use in future work.
- Archetype Dice – A six-sided die is included, upon which is etched the six archetypes of the personal unconscious (Shadow, Anima/Animus, Wise Elder, Child, Hero/ine, and Trickster), that will be engaged with during the Self “Mandala-Method” work.
- Shadow Bottle – While all of the Islands on the Map will guide system users towards finding Treasure Totems that represent truths about the Self, the Shadow Whirlpool will ask user to collect the “dust” of their complexes, etc. into this small glass vessel. As this material is all considered the “dark matter” of the Unconscious, I thought it more apropos to collect dust instead of objects with which to engage.
- Mythic Mapping Journal - This blank journal featuring the Mythic Mapping Map on front cover and "Mandala Method" MANDALA on the reverse will enable you to keep track of all of you work in one place. It will also come with a set of tabs for you to keep track of where you've recorded Quests, Totems and more.